Both the Oakridge and Duration shingles boast:
- Limited lifetime warranty – This is a large topic that we will address in another post, but if you need this information before then, please contact us at the number or email address listed below.
- StreakGuard Algae Protection – Increase your curb appeal with the 10 year limited warranty against algae.
- TruDefinition Color Platform – This Owens Corning trademark is designed to capture the dramatic shades and vibrant hues that showcase the aesthetic appeal of your home. The dramatic and tantalizing colors enhance the natural contrasts present in your house’s surroundings.
Here are a few differences that may sway your choice:
- Wind Resistance – Strong winds can cause shingles to blow off your roof, leading to leaks and interior home damage. Owens Corning certifies their shingles through independent testing. The Oakridge series meets 110 mph wind resistance standards with a standard 4 nail application, but the Duration series can withstand winds of 130 mph.
- SureNail Technology – This technology is the most important difference between a good shingle and a great shingle. Patented by Owens Corning, SureNail is a unique woven-fabric strip embedded in the nailing area. It also provides a more durable gripping zone, creating a triple layer of reinforcement.
Paired with the Total Protection Roofing System, both of these lines of shingles provide superior performance and enhanced aesthetics to make your home your favorite place to be.
Raleigh, NC | Wilmington, NC | Fayetteville, NC
Greensboro, NC | Louisville, KY